Photonic Design Engineer
At Lightelligence, we’re building computational machines that are solving problems in ways that have never been done before. We’re looking for a photonic design engineer to design, optimize, and handle the layout of photonic devices.
What you’ll be doing at Lightelligence:
• Design integrated silicon photonic devices
• Numerical simulation of passive and active photonic devices
• Interact with photonic foundries to understand design environment and rules
• Layout photonic devices with common EDA, such as Cadence or Synopsys
• Design optical bench experiments for device characterization
• Collaborate with electronic and algorithm engineers on research and development efforts
Essential aspects of this role:
• PhD in electrical engineering, applied physics or material science
• Expert knowledge of electromagnetic theory and semiconductor physics
• 5+ years of experience in integrated silicon photonics design, optimization, tape-out, and characterization
• Proficiency in electromagnetic simulation with common tools, such as Lumerical, COMSOL or Photon Design.
• Proficiency in photonic layout with Cadence or Synopsys
• Proficiency in optical bench experiments with tools such as parameter analyzer, optical spectrum analyzer, laser source, etc.
• Experience in active integrated photonic devices design, such as modulators, detectors, thermal phase shifters
• Familiarity with recent development in silicon photonic industry
• Experience in semiconductor processing